Dildos are simply adult toys that can be used to put in the mouth, vagina, or anus. Though they are used as a replacement for the penis, always don’t look like it. It is available in different sizes, shapes and materials. Some of lifelike dildos have curves to stimulate the g-spot or the prostate.
Different kinds of dildos are as follows
- Lifelike dildos appear like a penis with testes.
- Used to be strapped on with harnessing.
- Double-penetration dildos or also called double-sided. Can be used by two partners at once.
- One made to adhere surface with suction base.
- Glass dildo.
- Metal dildo.
Dildos are in existence for hundreds of decades. A 28000 years old dildo is still present in Hohle Fels caves in Germany which were unearthed by archaeologists.
Why is it so popular?
This is popular between all genders and all sexualities. It also has medical applications and experts recommend and use it as a part of therapy for pelvic-floor muscle spasms and vaginismus. Dildos provide internal stimulation to the prostate, g-spots, or other different parts of the anus or vagina. It also plays a psychological role in sex play and arousal.
Difference between dildos and vibrators
Though both are sex toys used for the same purpose, they slightly vary from each other in functions. The main difference is it’s not all dildos vibrate but just some of them do. Some vibrators are designed in a way to be used as an external toy while being alone or partner play, while others are to be inserted in the anus or vaginas.
Myths regarding dildos
Partners generally get insecure when the other one wants to use a dildo thinking that he or she is not able to satisfy him sexually. This should be cleared at the proper time as would result in the weakening of relations. Having an enhanced communication and intimacy about sex toys can boost the sex life of both partners if they are committed to each other.
How to use dildos safely?
If you are new to this then these tips would be useful for you before trying dildo and to have a safe and satisfying experience.
- Try with a small girth initially until you find the one which is perfect for you.
- Always prefer to use dildos made with body-safe materials such as non-porous materials which are glass, body-safe silicone, or metal toys.
- Use lubricants in sufficient amounts and do not use silicone lubricant with a silicone dildo.
- Always cover the dildo with a condom if you use it with multiple partners.
- Do wash your dildo after every use.
If you find it uncomfortable it is either you need more lubricant or you need a smaller girth. Work gradually on your needs.
Care and hygiene
Washing your dildo with warm water and mild soap keeps it hygienic. If you prefer silicone toys prefer boiling them in water for few seconds.